I love to do crafts and have cute handouts and activities for church (and school, and friends, and - well you get the idea). I don't consider myself creative, but often use the help of others' talents. I decided to share what I'm doing for others just like me. It may be a link to where I found something or it might even be something *I* created. Right now I work as a paraprofessional at my kids' elementary - in special ed (autism). I started creating items for my 3rd graders this year and can't wait to share them with you. I am the 1st counselor in YW (first time in YW is this past year). I also have ideas for cub scouts and sunbeams posted, my previous callings.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Primary Review (Manual 7, Lesson 3-7)

To review what we learned and to have a little fun I made a PowerPoint Jeopardy review game.  It turned out to be a little harder than I thought it may be (they actually had to think).  I made it so the harder questions were worth more.  We took turns picking their question by category and dollar amount.  If they couldn't make a guess someone was able to answer it and receive the money, but if they made a guess I showed the answer.  If they got it right we wrote down the dollar amount, if not we went to the next person.  By keeping score so they were able to use their money for final jeopardy.  
Every week we use the PowerPoint presentation that Ericka Covalt makes and shares on Sugardoodle.net.  I pulled all the information off of those PowerPoint presentations so I KNOW that we covered it.  It was a good review.  We were able to start the next lesson, but we didn't finish it.  We were already a week behind (because I started the calling a week late and they didn't give the Sr. Primary lesson the first week so I gave it the 2nd week) so I'm going to find a way to combine a couple lessons here or there so we can continue to have some review games.

Lessons 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 from the New Testament (Manual 7) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear your comments. It is great to know that others are reading your blog (to know that your time was well spent) and to know what they think of it. I welcome your ideas, suggestions, comments, questions! Please also consider becoming a follower if you haven't already.