I love to do crafts and have cute handouts and activities for church (and school, and friends, and - well you get the idea). I don't consider myself creative, but often use the help of others' talents. I decided to share what I'm doing for others just like me. It may be a link to where I found something or it might even be something *I* created. Right now I work as a paraprofessional at my kids' elementary - in special ed (autism). I started creating items for my 3rd graders this year and can't wait to share them with you. I am the 1st counselor in YW (first time in YW is this past year). I also have ideas for cub scouts and sunbeams posted, my previous callings.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Post-it Holder


I saw this idea floating around the blog world/pinterest: a cute post-it note holder.  I decided it was a simple and low cost gift for Teacher Appreciation week.  I purchased the clear plastic frames from Walmart (they are at Dollar tree too, but they are actually cheaper at Walmart).  I ended up buying 3.5x5 frames and two 4x6 frames (because they were out of the smaller size, but they cost the same).  I sent my daughter to pick out paper and she came back with the assortment you will see.  I was extra excited because I had coordinating sticker ribbon that went with this paper.  Next time I make them I will probably use bright colored paper, ribbon, and post-its. 
If you buy your frames Walmart don't forget to remove the plastic coating that protects the frame (the ones Dollar Tree didn't have it - another reason to buy from Walmart).  Just cut your scrapbook paper to fit inside the frame.  You can get fancy and use two colors, but I just used one print because the post-its cover most of it up.  Add some ribbon across the top and accessorize it.  I added flowers, tags, and some bling.  You could add the teacher's name or initial.
These just have yellow post-its.  The middle is a 4x6 frame.  My youngest found some heart post-its and wanted to use them for her teacher.  I obliged and we we added some post-it flags to the top.  The colors aren't as pretty as the yellow or green post-its, but it works(this is also the reason why I want to try bright coordinating colors next time):

I also had purchased some apple post-it holders at the beginning of the year.  I used these for the elementary school teachers and put their name on it with white stickers:
I tied it up with a cute tag found at Tip Junkie.  I also put the tag on the back of the plastic frames.




 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear your comments. It is great to know that others are reading your blog (to know that your time was well spent) and to know what they think of it. I welcome your ideas, suggestions, comments, questions! Please also consider becoming a follower if you haven't already.