I love to do crafts and have cute handouts and activities for church (and school, and friends, and - well you get the idea). I don't consider myself creative, but often use the help of others' talents. I decided to share what I'm doing for others just like me. It may be a link to where I found something or it might even be something *I* created. Right now I work as a paraprofessional at my kids' elementary - in special ed (autism). I started creating items for my 3rd graders this year and can't wait to share them with you. I am the 1st counselor in YW (first time in YW is this past year). I also have ideas for cub scouts and sunbeams posted, my previous callings.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Baptism Program



Since I wasn't able to make my invitation with Boo in her Baptism Dress I wanted it to at least be on her program.  Myself and the oldest took pictures the Sunday before her baptism.  A kind friend edited the pictures for me (since we all now know how I can't manage Photoshop).  I searched for invitation ideas, but couldn't find one that included everything I needed.  So I made my own.  I designed it with my daughter's name at the top and the date of the baptism at the bottom.  A 4x6 photo fit perfectly in between.  I ordered these from Costco and included a black border around it.  I attached the photo with photo corners so that friends and family could remove the picture and keep it if they chose to.  You could print the photo right on the invitation, but I wanted family to be able to keep the photo and not necessarily have to keep the program.


On the inside left is the first song we sang in the program: "When I Am Baptized."  Type in the song your child chooses here.  On the right is the program outline.  I included titles - either Brother/Sister/Bishop or family relation: Grandpa/Father/etc.  I wanted to include the witnesses and who was performing the baptism and confirmation.  I also learned that both a member of the primary presidency and bishopric take a moment to welcome the child & say a few things. (If this is for a convert there wouldn't be a Primary Welcome).  On the back is the closing song.  There is also a little note stating where the template came from.  Please leave the web address on it (you can change wording/font size, just make sure the blog address is correct).


If you choose to download, please become a follower first (on the right).  I'm happy to share my creations with my followers.  If you would like to leave a comment too that would totally make my day!

Download the editable program here.  (Be kind and leave the source of the template on the bottom of the back of the program). 

To see more posts about the baptism click here or on the baptism link under labels on the right.

9 comments:

  1. I tried to download your template but it won't let me edit it. Can you help me out? It's for my daughter's baptism this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled it up and you should be able to edit it. Did you download the program and did it open in word?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just saved me a ton of time, stress and energy. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to download the baptism program and it said it had been deleted?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear your comments. It is great to know that others are reading your blog (to know that your time was well spent) and to know what they think of it. I welcome your ideas, suggestions, comments, questions! Please also consider becoming a follower if you haven't already.