I love to do crafts and have cute handouts and activities for church (and school, and friends, and - well you get the idea). I don't consider myself creative, but often use the help of others' talents. I decided to share what I'm doing for others just like me. It may be a link to where I found something or it might even be something *I* created. Right now I work as a paraprofessional at my kids' elementary - in special ed (autism). I started creating items for my 3rd graders this year and can't wait to share them with you. I am the 1st counselor in YW (first time in YW is this past year). I also have ideas for cub scouts and sunbeams posted, my previous callings.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Itsy Bitsy Spider Song for Nursery

I can't believe I haven't had time to blog about what I have done in nursery.  The reason I can't believe it is because I have already been released (a couple months ago).  I LOVED this calling.  It was great to play with the "babies" since my "baby" is 8.  I was only the nursery leader for about 7 months, but I must have matured quickly because they moved me up a level: The Sunbeams!  I will share things I did in there (I have lots of pictures I took before I turned everything over).  Hopefully I can prepare my lessons a little sooner and share what I am doing with my Sunbeams too.
One thing I learned at my training was to help the kids sing ~ or at least stay with you during singing time ~ was to give them something to hold.  I already had many things made from when I my kids were little, but this idea I'm going to share was genius.  It is so much more fun to hold an object instead of a piece of laminated paper - no matter how cute the paper is. 

I present, The Itsy Bitsy Spider:
The kids absolutely LOVE wearing a spider ring when singing the song!  Ever since I brought the rings to church guess what song they ALWAYS want to sing first?  Yep, the Spider Song!
On my way out I had to leave everything nice and tidy so I made some signage for the spiders.
I recycled a container from our favorite Chinese Food Restaurant formally carrying Sweet and Sour Sauce.  If you don't have one of these nifty containers to recycle you can use Ziploc or Rubbermaid containers:



For my followers, I will share this printable with you!  Oh and I almost forgot.  I know some people sing it Eensy Weensy Spider so I made labels for that too.  Just. In. Case.

If you choose to download, please become a follower first (on the right).  I'm happy to share my creations with my followers.  If you would like to leave a comment too that would totally make my day!


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear your comments. It is great to know that others are reading your blog (to know that your time was well spent) and to know what they think of it. I welcome your ideas, suggestions, comments, questions! Please also consider becoming a follower if you haven't already.