I love to do crafts and have cute handouts and activities for church (and school, and friends, and - well you get the idea). I don't consider myself creative, but often use the help of others' talents. I decided to share what I'm doing for others just like me. It may be a link to where I found something or it might even be something *I* created. Right now I work as a paraprofessional at my kids' elementary - in special ed (autism). I started creating items for my 3rd graders this year and can't wait to share them with you. I am the 1st counselor in YW (first time in YW is this past year). I also have ideas for cub scouts and sunbeams posted, my previous callings.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

We Can Pray as a Family (Primary Manual 1, Lesson 27)


Sunbeam Lesson 27: We Can Pray As a Family

For this lesson I created a prayer puzzle:
I copied it on several colors.  Since they can't read I wanted each match to be a different color since the puzzles are all the same shape.  For example Bow My Head and the picture next to it was on blue cardstock, the next two (close my eyes & picture) were on green cardstock, then next two on red cardstock, and the next two on yellow cardstock.  The idea is to reinforce what they should be doing during the prayer. I then rotated the colors (first on green, second red, third yellow, fourth blue, etc).  I put every set in a ziplock bag to give the kids.

Earlier in the year (lesson 4) I also made Prayer Bingo.  It would work with this lesson as well:  
There are six different Bingo Sheets.  You can give each child a set to play with their families or one sheet and play as a class.  I laminated each sheet.  We played as a class and then they took it home.  I meant to post this right after the lesson.  I was going to give them the link so they could print sheets to play as a family.
Each column is a different part of prayer.  First column is the things we do when we pray.  The next column is different types of prayer - ways we pray, the third column are people we pray for, the fourth column has things we are thankful for, and the last column are things we can ask for.

If you choose to download, please become a follower first (on the right).  I'm happy to share my creations with my followers.  If you would like to leave a comment too that would totally make my day!



7 comments:

  1. Thank You! I'm in love with the puzzle - perfect for sunbeam level. Just started teaching Sunbeams again for my third time and need some new ideas. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know the children in my class will LOVE this bingo game. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded the puzzle on colorful cardstock and I can't wait to see how much fun we have in Nursery tomorrow! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm using your prayer bingo with my 7-8 year olds. Thank you!! The LOVE bingo, and this is the perfect game for our lesson about prayer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im just going to outline each set in a different coloured texta and then laminate it. Thank you so much for making these! Makes everything just that much easier xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for being so generous. Such great material. Really appreciate your time in helping so many teachers and children

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing! I am using these for sharing time tomorrow! I am so grateful that you are so willing to share with everyone.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear your comments. It is great to know that others are reading your blog (to know that your time was well spent) and to know what they think of it. I welcome your ideas, suggestions, comments, questions! Please also consider becoming a follower if you haven't already.