I love to do crafts and have cute handouts and activities for church (and school, and friends, and - well you get the idea). I don't consider myself creative, but often use the help of others' talents. I decided to share what I'm doing for others just like me. It may be a link to where I found something or it might even be something *I* created. Right now I work as a paraprofessional at my kids' elementary - in special ed (autism). I started creating items for my 3rd graders this year and can't wait to share them with you. I am the 1st counselor in YW (first time in YW is this past year). I also have ideas for cub scouts and sunbeams posted, my previous callings.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bear Cub Scout Achievement 8f (and start to 1b)


Bear Cub Requirement 8f:
  • Start your own history: keep a journal for 2 weeks.
If you are LDS you can also use this as part of Requirement 1b and also make a list of other items they need to complete:
  1. Make a list of things you can do this week to practice your religion as you are taught in your home, church, synagogue, mosque, or other religious community. Check them off your list as you complete them.



This document has 14 journal pages and a cover sheet.  Each page has room for the date, a prompting question and a section to put the days happenings.  Hopefully this will give them a start to their own personal history.  

After printing it out you'll need to cut the pages in half to assemble.   There are several border colors so you can assemble it the way you like.  I'm planning on binding them as school with some plastic book binding combs and laminated covers.  Since most people don't have access to that you can have Staples do it or you can staple it or use metal rings.  I promise to add pictures once I have it completed.  Picture is above!



4 comments:

  1. I was just put in as a Bear Leader and found your blog off of Sugar Doodle! Thanks for all the great ideas--I've been kind of at a loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your ideas - and especially posting your actual documents. I love it!
    Is there any way to edit this journal so that it says 2012?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the request Jana. I update the downloads to a 2012, a 2013 and one with 20___ to fill in the year. Thanks for bringing that to my attention so I could get it fixed for all to use.
    Taryn, thanks for the love. Makes it worth the time it takes to share. I hopefully will add several things I have done, but haven't had a chance to post, shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - thank you so much!!! This is amazing and will be so helpful for my bear den.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear your comments. It is great to know that others are reading your blog (to know that your time was well spent) and to know what they think of it. I welcome your ideas, suggestions, comments, questions! Please also consider becoming a follower if you haven't already.